THE MATURE HERB GARDEN'S BOUNTY

Sunday, January 1, 2012


Happy New Year !
As I start 2012, I am finally moving into the modern world of Blogging.
My hope is to feature events in a journal type forum.  I gazed at Somerset’s Artful Blogging magazine with wistful and wishful anticipation of the possibilities to unfold. Not being of the Techie age though, I enter this with more than a little trepidation.
I thought I’d start with a retrospective look at 2011s  Anna Corba Holiday Workshop at Château Dumas, in France. Those who really know me, know that I am 2nd generation Italian American and 3/4 pure Italian.  However, they know that I have said on more than one occasion that I feel my genes reside in France. Judge for yourself. My smile is always wider and brighter in the photos of myself taken in France. 
I am privileged to say that this is the second of Anna’s Collage workshops that I have participated in on La terre de France. Each memorable for so many reasons:
                                                 
                                                         Ann Corba's Holiday Workshop at Château Dumas, France
France:
Chateau Dumas

This is the entrance to the lovely Chateau Dumas
                                                         The Salon
Friendships:
My friends Chris and Cris who drove three hours to meet me
took me to a lovely French diner.
                                                              
Food:
This is the market.  I so love all the farmers coming to town with their fresh wares.

Fresh bread anyone?

Traditional bread baked in a wood fired oven. Yum!
Olives and spices of the south of France

Just one of the exquisite meals at Chateau Dumas
Made with  the freshest of ingredients from the marché.


Art:
Wood collage ornaments made in Anna's class
Mine is on the right.
Does this  tussie mussie not harken back to the Victorian era?
The rosette we made in France became the inspiration for
this Noel banner I made and sold at our church, St. Anne's craft show.
This lovely ornament was made by coleriaing a black scetching with chalks.
I then covered the piece in wax.


This crystal ornament with a french flair is available for sale
on my ETSY shop at
valburgesscollage.etsy.com

6 comments:

  1. what a wonderful beginning to another chapter of your life...thanks for sharing the wonderful pix of our adventure @ chateau dumas in the mid pyrannes. you have my permission to post any of me..

    love your etsy site as well. your talents are far reaching..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, What fun pictures! Looks like France agrees with you. It must have been a delightfully creative experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the blog Valerie - it looks great. Lovely to read about the festive week again - it brings back the happy memories. Here's wishing you a wonderful 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, Val!

    Happy New Year to you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ces photos me rappelle cette rencontre magique où notre amitié s'est concrétisée dans ce lieu féerique.
    Je suis honorée d'avoir scellé notre amitié dans ce château propice à la créativité et à la rencontre de tous les artistes.
    Je te souhaite une très bonne année pleine de réalisations!!!
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Valerie
    Came to your blog from Etsy Cottage Style. The workshop projects are inspirational. I'd like to take the time to do more crafty projects for this year. If you don't already know, you can link your Etsy store to your blog.
    Have a great day!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete