THE MATURE HERB GARDEN'S BOUNTY

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Where I Create


There are times in your life when you meet someone with whom you feel a real connection. If you read my last post about my roommate in Brazil, Kristie, she is one of those folks.


A few years ago I decided to nurture a passion I felt for creating. There was a large unfinished room in my basement that was just right for an art studio.  With some money that my Dad left me, We turned that space into a really great space for crafting. 

Having this great space I had a desire to share that space with other crafters. I looked onEtsy for crafters that lived in Woodbury. Of those I sent an e-mail to, only one replied, Rachel.
We set a time to meet at a coffee shop... and that launched our friendship. We found we had many interests in common.
This Friday, after about two years, Rachel and I will finally bring to fruition our desire to get a craft group together. We decided to host each monthly meeting at one of the group member's home. We thought it would be fun to have each host plan a craft project for the evening that highlighted their particular talent and to instruct the group. 

This is the sitting area that faces the fireplace
This is where I keep my fabric and sewing supplies

This is the table that my husband Joe made. It now is used for sewing, book making  and cutting paper.
Here is my computer station where I opereate my Etsy shop.

This is my Belfast sink. Here is where paint brushes get washout. 
Here is the Island.
You can see the storage closets and shelves in the background.
Joe laid the tile floor.
Another view of the island.
I like to stand when I work. It is a good hight and size for stamping, painting, etc.



This Friday we will be at my home. I decided to use my Character Construction stamps( www.characterconstructions.com) to create a paper doll.
Here is one of the dolls that I made with a set of the stamps.
Can’t wait to see everyone’s talent and to send you the photos of our creations.Where I create

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your creative space! I'm a bit jelly. Thank you for writing on. I'll be back to read some more.

    Cheers!
    Ana-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow, what an amazing space! Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us.

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete